Training on 7 and 8 February 2020: intervals

Reaching this week's distance goal involved doing two pretty similar training sets on Friday and Saturday. Alongside the distance goal, I am also aiming at being able to do a 10x100m set @1.30 (i.e. on a 90-second interval). I'm working towards this by doing different sorts of 100m interval sets in different sized pools (e.g. 25 metres, 33 1/3 metres, 50  metres) to see what effect turns have on the ease of completing the set.

On Friday I was feeling a bit weary, so pulled back from trying to do the 1.30 intervals so that I'd leave feeling pleased rather than disappointed.  I was swimming at Freyberg in the morning and had a busy day, so didn't want to be half-dead by 2pm😜

Here is the set:



On Saturday morning I swam at WRAC in long course set-up (50 metres). Again, I shied away from 100s @ 1.30, because this seemed cruel to inflict on the other swimmers in the lane who were doing the same set.  However, the 100s @1.35 went pretty well, especially the second time through. 

I arrived at the pool early, so before starting this session I did 5 x 200, a mixture of strokes and drills, some with fins. 

Here is the set:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A beautiful day in the south — swimming to Rakiura

Guest Blog: Swimming Foveaux, Te Ara a Kiwi

A day and a night in the deep